Saturday, July 13, 2013

That Figures

I realized something this week.

I've been working on a story about Hades and Persephone. Uberly excited about it!! And it's been writing very well, I don't remember the last time I wrote this effortlessly.

Then I realized that it was the same with fan fiction. I can easily pump out a story based on a game or book but I realized its because it's comforting using characters and ideas people are already familiar with. However with my own characters and stories I have to introduce everything. Whereas with fan fiction you can kind of cheat a little.

So I'm hoping to use this Greek mythology based story to use the comfort of familiarity to practice developing story and character. (I had a better sentence in my head and half of it vanished before I wrote it, blast!)

One of these days it will again be easy for me to write my original stories!!!

But in the meantime I'm having a lot of fun with the god of the underworld!

No comments:

Post a Comment